You may experience some of these symptoms in the days after your sports massage treatement:
- Cold like symptoms
- Hot and increased sweating
- Stuffy, blocked or runny nose
- Heightened emotions – high or low
- Sleepy & fatigued or deeply relaxed
- Temporary worsening of symptoms
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Sounder sleep
Everyone is different and may ‘react’ differently to a sports massage treatment. These symptoms are quite normal and are a good sign that the treatment is working..
You should however do the following:
- Drink plenty of still water over the next 24 hours following treatment. This can assist your body to flush out toxins that are released by the treatment.
- If you feel tired, rest as much as possible.
- Avoid heat treatments (bath, sauna etc) for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid sun beds or the sun if certain oils have been used (photo toxicity).
- Avoid strenuous activity or exercise for the rest of the day after treatment
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and hot spicy food for at least 12 hours.
You may experience a headache and/or dizziness due to improved circulation, but this will only be temporary.
Soreness and tenderness on areas worked on during your sports massage treatment is normal, with all symptoms lasting anything from 12-72 hours after the treatment. If required, I will also give nutritional advice along with stretching and strengthen exercises to help you best achieve your goals.